VNS Home Care
VNS Home Care
ExtraCare Services is a program of the non-profit community organization HCI Care Services and Visiting Nurse Services of Iowa (VNS of Iowa). Among the many care and support services offered by the organization is VNS Home Care, a non-profit home health care service with a legacy of providing in-home care, support and rehabilitation services to the community since 1908.
VNS Home Care assists patients in regaining independence and abilities as they recover from illness, injury, or medical condition. VNS Home Care offers a full range of home care services with highly qualified and experienced professional nurses coordinating your care.
VNS Home Care has been named a past Home Health Care Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HHCAHPS). Honors recipient, a prestigious honor to recognize the top 20 percent of agencies that continuously provide the highest level of patient satisfaction with their care, as measured from the patient's own experience.
Nursing Services include:
· Skilled nursing home visits for a comprehensive health assessment
· Medication administration and assessment
· Physical assessments
· Wound care
· Infusion therapy
· Catheter care
· Ostomy care
· Diabetic care
· Health education
Therapy Services include:
· Physical Therapy: develops home exercise programs, evaluates home safety, and assists with rehabilitation following surgery, injury, or illness.
· Occupational Therapy: assists patients to remain safely in their own home by evaluating a patient’s ability to care for themselves, assisting with therapeutic exercises to perform activities of daily living, and arranging the coordination of home modifications, equipment and supplies.
· Speech Therapy: assists patients with speech and swallowing difficulties
Our Medical Social Workers provide:
· Assistance with accessing community resources
· Assessment of emotional factors relating to your illness or medical condition
Identification of barriers to care and problem solving
Our Home Care Aides provide:
· Assistance and support with personal care
· Daily home management activities
· Meal preparation
· Essential laundry
· Compassionate care in the comfort and safety of your own home
Interpretation services are available upon request. VNS of Iowa interpreters speak over 20 languages and dialects, including Spanish, Vietnamese, Burmese, Chin, Karen, Somali and Arabic.
Home Care Payment Options
Home Care services may be paid through Medicare, Medicaid or private insurances. Our dedicated team will assist you in determining what services are covered by your health plan.
VNS Home Care is currently serving patients in Polk County and the surrounding counties of Boone, Dallas, Jasper, Madison, Marion, Marshall, Story and Warren.
Coming Soon! VNS Home Care is in the process of opening an office sometime this summer in Creston which will serve the following counties: Union, Adair, Madison, Clarke, Decatur, Ringgold, Taylor and Adams.